Practice safe boating in Illinois during waterfowl hunting season
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, IL (KFVS) - Take steps to avoid a boating accident this hunting season.
Practice safe boating during waterfowl season in Illinois with these tips from VisitSI:
- Do not stand or move about in a small boat and keep the load of your boat within the weight limits.
- When traveling from one location to another, do not decelerate suddenly.
- For those venturing out during icy weather be sure and wear a life vest.
- For those in boats it is important to remember that the law requires a vest for every person in the boat.
- Use common sense when handling firearms either in the boat, on land or traveling to and from the hunt location.
- Unload your weapon whenever you may be in a situation that could cause you to lose your footing.
- Look around and be aware of other hunters who might be in the area.
- Keep your dog away from your hunting rifle to avoid knocking it over.
For more information contact VisitSI at 1602 Sioux Drive, Marion, IL 62959 or call 800-GEESE-99.
Copyright 2018 KFVS. All rights reserved.