Air Conditioning units blamed for smoke in the Southeast Missourian

Air Conditioning units blamed for smoke in the Southeast Missourian
Firefighters were called to the Southeast Missourian around noon for smoke in building. (Source: Mike Mohundro/KFVS)
Firefighters were called to the Southeast Missourian around noon for smoke in building. (Source: Mike Mohundro/KFVS)

CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - Cape Girardeau firefighters were called to the 300 block of Broadway St., at the Southeast Missourian, for a report of smoke in the building.

A Cape Girardeau battalion chief on scene said some air conditioning units on the roof malfunctioned and caused smoke to enter their newsroom around noon on Monday, August 20.

Employees were seen outside waiting until it was clear to return.

Download the KFVS News app: iPhone | Android

Firefighters used fans to ventilate the smoke from the building.

The Cape Girardeau Fire Department said this incident is under investigation.

Copyright 2018 KFVS. All rights reserved.