MURPHYSBORO, IL (KFVS) - The Jackson County, Illinois Health Department is having a back-to-school health and activity fair on Tuesday, August 7 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The fair will be held at the JCHD in Murphysboro.
At the event, there will be games, health related educational materials, giveaways, and free services.
The following vendors and community partners with JCHD will be participating in the event:
- Our Little Free Library is offering a book for each child.
- Dental Safari van will be on site to offer dental exams, cleaning, fluoride treatments and sealants.
- Car seat safety checks by the Carbondale Police Department
- JCHD is providing educed-cost or free immunizations to eligible children under 19 years of age.
- There will be vision and hearing screenings also available.
- Medicaid Managed Care Organizations representatives will answer questions about services and assist in choosing the best plan for families.
- Other free services include height and weight checks, evaluations for WIC eligibility, and healthy snacks and recipes.
Children who participate in the services and games will receive a free backpack and school supplies.
For more information about immunizations and other clinical services, visit the Jackson County Health Department website here or call 618- 684-3143, extension 119.