CALVERT CITY, KY (KFVS) - According to the Marshall County Emergency Management Agency, a gas leak forced the evacuation of a neighborhood on Sunday, July 29.
Officials said they responded to an incident in Calvert City, Kentucky involving a resident running into and removing a gas meter at a home.
Calvert City Fire Department immediately responded to the situation and set up a perimeter to close roads and evacuate the people in the area.
There were no injuries reported or damage reported to the home.
According to officials, residents had to vent homes for gas buildup and power as pulled from the area. Electric officials came back to hook up power once the threat was neutralized and people returned home.
Officials thanked responding Fire Departments, Atmos Gas, Calvert Police, the Electric Company, and our Dispatchers for fielding all the radio traffic.