MO Gov. Parson signs 15 bills, 1 includes updating election laws
JEFFERSON CITY, MO (KFVS) - Missouri Governor Mike Parson signed 15 bills on July 5.
Missouri Secretary of State Jay Ashcroft worked to revise, streamline, and update Missouri's election laws in SB 592. The bill was sponsored by Senator Dan Hegeman and SB 644 sponsored by Senator Mike Cunningham.
State Treasurer Eric Schmitt played a key role on SB 644 working to strengthen the consumer protection law related to unclaimed property.
"It is great to work alongside other statewide officeholders like Jay Ashcroft and Eric Schmitt to better serve Missourians," said Parson. "We appreciate Secretary Ashcroft's continued leadership working to make sure our elections are clean, fair, and accurate. Also, we would like to thank Treasurer Schmitt for playing a key role in strengthening consumer protection."
The following bills were signed:
- SB 592: Omnibus Elections
- SB 608: Business Premises Liability
- SB 644: Unclaimed Property
- SB 707: Vehicle Sales
- SB 743: Omnibus Elementary and Secondary Education
- SB 769: Financial Transactions by Public Entities
- SB 568: Salaries for Certain Public Officials
- SB 708: Auto Liability Coverage
- SB 773: Taxation
- SB 892: Omnibus Retirement
- HB 1291: Omnibus Local Government
- HB 1516: MO HealthNet Reimbursement for Chiropractic Services
- HB 1953: Bone Marrow Registry
- HB 2129: Organ Donor Education
- HCR 70: Christopher Harris Day
Copyright 2018 KFVS. All rights reserved.