Long John Silvers in Cape Girardeau closed for day after kitchen fire
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - According to Cape Girardeau Fire Department Battalion Cheif Fred Vincel, fire crews were called out Tuesday afternoon to Long John's Silvers.
Vincel said there was a gas leak near a frying unit caused a small fire.
The facility was evacuated.
Fire crews said there was a little damage inside from the fire and that the restaurant is closed for the remainder of the day.
They hope to reopen at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, but it could be later. The Health Department has to do a walk-through.
Copyright 2017 KFVS. All rights reserved.