(KFVS) - Christmas is only two weeks away and you're almost out of time to ship those packages to your loved ones to get them under the tree in time.
Charlotte Jimenez was mailing a package to Italy outside of the Carbondale USPS. "It's going to be close," Jimenez is talking about when her Christmas package will get to its destination.
"Last year he sent a package later and it was way after Christmas by the time they got it," she explained.
An issue we ALL want to avoid. To make sure her son doesn't make that same mistake, she brought it to the post office herself.
Ronald Malmquist was also there mailing his letters and shipping his wife's homemade toffee early.
"I like to send my mail early to make sure it gets to the people I want it to get to and it gets there on time," Malmquist said.
This is the peak season for shipping companies. The postmaster said the only way to makes sure the packages get there on time is to send them as early as possible.
"Our ultimate goal is to get every item delivered before Christmas," Mike Edwards, the postmaster at USPS explained. "Don't wait until the last minute, get those packages ordered, get them shipped, and we'll get them there."
Lastly, the postmaster said the longer you wait, the more it will cost.
From WTVM Page:
- Dec. 15 – Free shipping
- Dec. 18 – Standard shipping, free for Amazon Prime members
- Dec. 22 – Two-day shipping, free for Amazon Prime members
- Dec. 23 – One-day shipping, available in select cities and free for Prime members
- Dec. 24 – Same-day delivery, available in select cities and free for Prime members
- Dec. 24 – Two-hour delivery, available in select cities and free for Prime members via Prime Now
For more details visit Amazon's customer page.
- Dec. 11 - Last day to send via FedEx SmartPost
- Dec. 15 - Last day to send via FedEx Ground
- Dec. 18 - Last day to send via FedEx Home Delivery
- Dec. 19 - Last day to send via FedEx Express Saver
- Dec. 20 - Last day to send via FedEx 2Day and FedEx 2Day A.M.
- Dec. 21 - Last day to send via FedEx Standard Overnight, Priority Overnight and First Overnight.
International shipping and more details can be found on FedEx's website.
U.S. Postal Service
- Dec. 14 – Last day to send packages via Retail Ground
- Dec. 19 – Last day to send packages via First-Class Mail
- Dec. 20 – Last day to send packages via Priority Mail
- Dec. 22 – Last day to send packages via Priority Mail Express Service
- Dec. 18 – Last day for UPS 3 Day Select
- Dec. 20 – Last day for UPS 2nd Day Air (excludes Saturday delivery)
- Dec. 21 – Last day for UPS 2nd Day Air (if Saturday delivery is available; Saturday delivery isn't available in all ZIP codes)
- Dec. 22 – Last day for UPS Next Day Air (with Saturday delivery)
- Dec. 24 – Last day for UPS Express Critical
- Dec. 25 – Last day for UPS Express Critical