Faulty wire sparks early morning fire in East Prairie, MO

East Prairie house fire may be caused by wiring
Published: Dec. 3, 2017 at 1:10 PM CST|Updated: Dec. 4, 2017 at 4:28 AM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

EAST PRAIRIE, MO (KFVS) - A faulty wire is blamed for an early morning fire in East Prairie, Missouri.

According to Fire Chief Josh Maldonado, the home is located in the 600 block of N. Martin St.

Maldonado said the call came in at 5:30 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 3. The crew was on the scene in six minutes.

There was a wire that shorted in the ceiling of the living room which caused the fire.

The chief said one person was inside the home when the fire started. That person got out safely.

East Prairie firefighters were able to save the home, but there was some damage.

Maldonado estimated the repair cost to be between $5,000 and $10,000.

Maldonado said the homeowner will have to repair the wiring and other damage before they can live there for safety reasons.

Download the KFVS News app: iPhone | Android

Copyright 2017 KFVS. All rights reserved.