I.S.P. offers tips for a safe Halloween
Published: Oct. 28, 2017 at 8:11 AM CDT|Updated: Oct. 28, 2017 at 9:51 AM CDT
ULLIN, IL (KFVS) - With Halloween on Tuesday, the Illinois State Police has tips for kids who are probably not thinking about the dangers during trick-or-treating.
- Stay off the road unless crossing the street. Always use crosswalks or unobscured intersections.
- A responsible adult should accompany children at all times.
- Ensure children know vital information like their address and phone number.
- Use flashlights and/or reflective tape.
- Children should only travel familiar areas.
- State a time for children to return home.
- Children should not enter the home their trick-or-treating at.
- Children should only visit homes with a porch or outside light which is on.
- Watch for flammable things like Jack-o-lanterns which can ignite a costume.
- A responsible adult should examine treats. Homemade treats should be avoided.
- Drivers should drive slowly, keep eyes on the road, not use cell phones and watch for children in the streets.
Copyright 2017 KFVS. All rights reserved.