April activity from IL State Police Dist. 22
ULLIN, IL (KFVS) - The Illinois State Police District 22 has been working to improve the quality of life in Illinois by promoting public safety in the month of April.
District 22 officers patrol and handle calls for service in the Southern Illinois counties of Alexander, Hardin, Johnson, Massac, Pope, Pulaski and Union.
April activities for District 22 officers:
- Responded to 93 Calls for Service
- Issued 595 Citations
- Issued 698 Written Warnings
- Arrested 7 motorists for Driving Under the Influence
- Handled 30 Crashes, including two fatal
- Conducted 247 Motor Carrier Safety Inspections, 22 led to either the driver or vehicle being placed Out of Service for safety violations
- Assisted 104 Motorists on the side of the road
- Made 34 Criminal Arrests
Citations issued for the Fatal Four:
- Seven for DUI
- 163 for Speeding
- 96 for Occupant Restraint
- 110 for Distracted Driving
Safety Education Officer:
- Conducted 24 Presentations
- 479 Attendees (area students, parents, residents and school staff)
District 22 officers want to remind the public to follow Scotts Law, "The Move Over Law":
- Reduce your speed
- Yield the Right of Way, change lanes away from the authorized emergency vehicle
- Proceed with due regard to safety and traffic conditions.
Copyright 2017 KFVS. All rights reserved.