12 men arrested in Dyer Co., TN on prostitution-related charges
DYER COUNTY, TN (KFVS) - A joint investigation between the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Dyersburg Police Department, and Homeland Security Investigations leads to the arrest of 12 men on prostitution-related charges.
According to the TBI, "Operation Someone Like Me" focused on identifying potential victims of human trafficking.
Over the course of two days, Special Agents posted three online ads each day. Those ads were clicked on 197 different times and agents exchanged more than 4,000 messages with potential johns/traffickers.
12 men responded to the ads and tried to buy sex from a prostitute, according to the TBI.
Ten people were given citations and two people were taken into custody.
- Ricky Green, 53, Sharon, TN –Patronizing Prostitution
- Nick Hayes, 34, Tiptonville, TN - Patronizing Prostitution
- John Leddy, 41, Enville, TN - Patronizing Prostitution
- Brad Hobbs, 36, Kenton, TN - Patronizing Prostitution
- James Boothe, 37, Memphis, TN – Promoting Prostitution of a Minor, Promoting Prostitution of an Adult, misdemeanor drug possession. $100,000 bond.
- Michael Wilder, 38, Rienzi, MS – Patronizing Prostitution. Being held on warrant out of MS for parole violation. $35,000 bond.
- Chris Sherron, 28, Dyersburg, MS - Patronizing Prostitution
- William Kirk, 53, Memphis, TN - Patronizing Prostitution
- Quinton Kimble, 35, Union City, TN - Patronizing Prostitution
- Jeremy Gattis, 30, Trenton, TN - Patronizing Prostitution
- Joseph Bradley, 26, Newbern, TN - Patronizing Prostitution
- Jeffrey Gillette, 50, Columbus, OH - Patronizing Prostitution
Copyright 2017 KFVS. All rights reserved.