Tax collection update from the McCracken County Sheriff's Dept.
MCCRACKEN COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - The McCracken County Sheriff's Department summarized its 2016 tax collection efforts.
The total tax roll was $34,268,686.50 for the 2016 tax year.
The department has collected 85.72 percent of the total tax roll as of Dec. 9, which is several weeks ahead of previous years.
Since November 1 $28,696,061.54 has been collected with the balance being $4,875,322.25.
Here are the 14 taxing districts that the department collects for and the payment amounts that have been made to the district:
- State of Kentucky - $3,894,348.50
- McCracken County Fiscal Court - $2,559,231.48
- McCracken County Schools - $11,997,020.15
- Library - $1,715,611.54
- Health Dept. - $676,046.28
- Cooperative Extension - $852,049.44
- Mental Health - $314,734.67
- Paducah Junior College - $305,846.86
- Reidland Fire Dept. - $264,308.71
- Hendron Fire Dept. - $105,119.62
- West McCracken Fire Dept. - $78,008.58
- Concord Fire Dept. - $224,823.35
- Lone Oak Fire Dept. - $210,399.86
- Melber Fire Dept. - $5,978.82
This list does not include collections since Dec. 1.
The McCracken County Sheriff's Office chief financial officer is Denver Watson and Jon Hayden is the sheriff.
Copyright 2016 KFVS. All rights reserved.