CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - Nine Missourians have been honored as state winners of the 2015 Missouri Breaking Traditions Awards.
The awards honor students, educators and employers for their achievements related to nontraditional careers.
The 2015 award recipients are:
- State Secondary Female Award : Madeline Harl, Civil Engineering, Columbia Area Career Center;
- State Secondary Male Award: Daniel Magar, Health Services Assistant, Jefferson College Area Technical School;
- State Post secondary/Adult Female Award; Kellsey Morris, Law Enforcement Academy, Mineral Area College;
- State Post secondary/Adult Male Award: Nathan Thomas, Physical Therapist Assistant, Ozark Technical Community College;
- Secondary Spirit Award: Catherine Ann Ball, Construction Technology, Scott Regional Technology Center;
- Post secondary Educator Award: Linda Franchini, Electronics Engineering Technology Instructor, State Technical College of Missouri;
- Employer Award: Rick Highlett, Ricks Automotive, Ozark Technical Community College.