PADUCAH, KY (KFVS) - The McCracken County Sheriff's Department arrested six people Wednesday, March 30 and Thursday, March 31 following a meth investigation.
Detectives with the McCracken County Sheriff's Department Drug Division, Marshall County Sheriff's Detectives and the Pennyrile Narcotics Task Force made the arrests after a month long investigation.
The first arrests were made at 3440 Mayfield Metropolis Road in Paducah. Detectives arrested Kelly Crayton and Christopher Adams. During a search of the home, detectives found methamphetamine, marijuana, methadone and numerous items of drug paraphernalia.
Investigation revealed that Matthew Alexander would be delivering a large quantity of meth later in the evening to the residence.
Detectives arrested Matthew Alexander and Jerry Perry when they arrived on outstanding arrest warrants. During a search of Alexander, detectives took four baggies of meth, a drug ledger and marijuana.
According to detectives, Alexander had been cooking meth over the last few months and Perry had supplied him with Sudafed. A meth lab was recovered on Lydon Road that had allegedly been discarded by Alexander.
Detectives continued with the investigation and searched 5660 Oaks Road in McCracken County, where is it alleged that Alexander had cooked meth. According to police, a large male pit bull lunged at Sheriff's detective in an attempt to bite the detective and was shot. The detective was unharmed.
Detectives arrested Tracy Scott and Angelynn Carlton at the home.
During a search, detectives seized meth that had been packaged for sale, digital scales, MSM (a cutting agent), coffee filters containing meth residue, meth foils, tubing and additional paraphernalia items. An exterior search of the residence revealed a black duffel bag containing ammonia nitrate, ice compression packs, Sudafed, Coleman fuel, salt, tubing and a hot plate.
A computer search revealed that Tracy Scott was wanted on felony warrants out of the state of Kansas for forgery and theft.
According to police, the investigation continues and additional arrests are likely.
The arrests and charges are as follows:
- Kelly R. Crayton, 27, possession of meth 1st offense, unlawful possession of a meth precursor, possession of methadone (each are Class D felonies, punishable 1-5 years), possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia (each misdemeanors).
- Christopher S. Adams, 30, possession of meth 2nd offense (Class C felony, punishable 5-10 years) and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Matthew C. Alexander, 24, trafficking meth (Class C felony, punishable 5-10 years), manufacturing meth (Class B felony, punishable 10-20 years), possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, and an outstanding McCracken County contempt warrant.
- Jerry W. Perry, 45, unlawful distribution of meth precursor (Class D felony, punishable 1-5 years), and a probation violation arrest warrant.
- Angelynn L. Carlton, 27, complicity to manufacturing meth (Class B felony, punishable 10-20 years), trafficking meth (Class C felony, punishable 5-10 years), possession of drug paraphernalia and harboring a vicious animal (both misdemeanors).
- Tracy L. Scott, 38, possession of meth 2nd offense (Class C felony, punishable 5-10 years), and possession of drug paraphernalia. Also charged with McCracken County arrest warrant for contempt of court and numerous arrests warrants out of the state of Kansas for forgery and theft.