Braves vs. Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 26
Austin Riley sits at 173 RBI, and will try to get his 100th when his Atlanta Braves (100-56) take on the Chicago Cubs (82-74) on Tuesday at 7:20 PM ET.
The Braves will give the ball to Bryce Elder (12-4, 3.63 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 13 on the season, and the Cubs will counter with Justin Steele (16-5, 3.32 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Cubs Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2023
- Time: 7:20 PM ET
- TV: TBS
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Venue: Truist Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Elder - ATL (12-4, 3.63 ERA) vs Steele - CHC (16-5, 3.32 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Braves Injury Report|
|Braves vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Braves vs Cubs Odds|
|Braves vs Cubs Prediction|
|How to Watch Braves vs Cubs|
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Bryce Elder
- The Braves will hand the ball to Elder (12-4) for his 31st start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 3 2/3 innings against the Philadelphia Phillies, giving up four earned runs while allowing three hits.
- The 24-year-old has pitched to a 3.63 ERA this season with 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.1 walks per nine across 30 games.
- In 30 starts this season, he's earned 16 quality starts.
- In 30 starts, Elder has pitched through or past the fifth inning 26 times. He has a season average of 5.7 frames per outing.
- He has finished six appearances without allowing an earned run in 30 chances this season.
Bryce Elder vs. Cubs
- The Cubs have scored 792 runs this season, which ranks seventh in MLB. They have 1349 hits, 12th in baseball, with 189 home runs (14th in the league).
- The Cubs have gone 7-for-21 with a double, two home runs and five RBI in one game against the right-hander this season.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Justin Steele
- The Cubs will send Steele (16-5) to the mound to make his 30th start of the season. He is 16-5 with a 3.32 ERA and 170 strikeouts in 168 2/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty last pitched on Wednesday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when he threw three innings, allowing six earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 3.32, with 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings in 29 games this season. Opponents are hitting .253 against him.
- Steele heads into this matchup with 18 quality starts under his belt this season.
- Steele is looking to pick up his 27th start of five or more innings this year in this matchup.
- In seven of his 29 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 28-year-old's 3.32 ERA ranks ninth, 1.179 WHIP ranks 19th, and 9.1 K/9 ranks 23rd.
Justin Steele vs. Braves
- The opposing Braves offense has a collective .276 batting average, and is first in the league with 1483 total hits and first in MLB play with 909 runs scored. They have the first-ranked slugging percentage (.502) and are first in all of MLB with 299 home runs.
- Head-to-head against the Braves this season, Steele has pitched 5 1/3 innings, giving up three earned runs on eight hits while striking out seven.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.