Cardinals vs. Dodgers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 21
Published: May. 21, 2023 at 7:09 AM CDT|Updated: May. 21, 2023 at 1:08 PM CDT
Freddie Freeman carries a 10-game hitting streak into the Los Angeles Dodgers' (29-18) game versus the St. Louis Cardinals (20-27) at 2:15 PM ET on Sunday, at Busch Stadium.
The Dodgers will look to Clayton Kershaw (6-3) versus the Cardinals and Jack Flaherty (3-4).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Cardinals vs. Dodgers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 2:15 PM ET
- TV: BSMW
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Venue: Busch Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Kershaw - LAD (6-3, 2.52 ERA) vs Flaherty - STL (3-4, 5.24 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Discover More About This Game
|Dodgers vs Cardinals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Dodgers vs Cardinals Player Props|
|Dodgers vs Cardinals Odds|
|Dodgers vs Cardinals Prediction|
|How to Watch Dodgers vs Cardinals|
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jack Flaherty
- Flaherty gets the start for the Cardinals, his 10th of the season. He is 3-4 with a 5.24 ERA and 49 strikeouts in 46 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Monday, the righty threw seven scoreless innings against the Milwaukee Brewers while surrendering three hits.
- The 27-year-old has amassed a 5.24 ERA and 9.5 strikeouts per nine innings over nine games this season, while giving up a batting average of .265 to his opponents.
- Flaherty is trying to record his third quality start of the season in this game.
- Flaherty will try to prolong a three-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he's averaging 5.1 frames per outing).
Jack Flaherty vs. Dodgers
- The opposing Dodgers offense has the third-ranked slugging percentage (.450) and ranks second in home runs hit (76) in all of MLB. They have a collective .234 batting average, and are 19th in the league with 366 total hits and fourth in MLB play scoring 255 runs.
- Flaherty has pitched 4 2/3 innings, giving up four earned runs on seven hits while striking out seven against the Dodgers this season.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Dodgers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Clayton Kershaw
- The Dodgers will hand the ball to Kershaw (6-3) for his 10th start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed seven hits in four innings against the Minnesota Twins.
- The 35-year-old has an ERA of 2.52 and 10.6 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .221 in nine games this season.
- In nine starts this season, he's earned six quality starts.
- Kershaw has seven starts of five or more innings this season in nine chances. He averages 5.9 innings per outing.
- Among qualified major league pitchers this season, the 35-year-old's 2.52 ERA ranks 11th, 1.025 WHIP ranks 18th, and 10.6 K/9 ranks 13th.
Clayton Kershaw vs. Cardinals
- The Cardinals rank sixth in MLB with 235 runs scored this season. They have a .260 batting average this campaign with 66 home runs (fifth in the league).
- The Cardinals have gone 2-for-23 in one game against the left-hander this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.