Budweiser clydesdales in Marion, Ill.; will appear in parade
MARION, Ill. (KFVS) - The world-famous Budweiser clydesdales will make an appearance in the Very Merry Marion Holiday Parade in Illinois.
The massive, iconic horses arrived at the Marion Pavilion on Tuesday, November 21 for a week-long visit. You can check them out in person in different locations this week:
Wednesday, Nov. 22
- Stable viewing from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The Pavilion, 1602 Sioux Dr., Marion, Ill.
- One horse show from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at AJ’s Wine, Beer & Spirits, 1207 S. Division St., Carterville, Ill.
Friday, Nov. 24
- Stable viewing from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The Pavilion
- One horse show from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Just One More Bar & Grill, 1303 Enterprise Way, Marion, Ill.
Saturday, Nov. 25
- Stable viewing from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m at The Pavilion
- One horse show from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Speakeasy Liquors, 1310 Halfway Road, Marion, Ill.
Sunday, Nov. 26
- Holiday parade at 5:30 p.m. in Downtown Marion
The communications and marketing director for the city of Marion told us it’s a special moment to see the horses in town.
“This is so exciting,” Rachel Stroud said. “It’s not every day you get a celebrity in town and definitely not every day that we get blessed to have these 10 beautiful creatures with us. They’re huge, they’re massive and so sweet. This is really something special for our whole region.”
The eight-horse hitch will be harnessed and hitched to the famous red beer wagon at the Very Merry Marion Holiday Parade on Sunday, Nov. 26. It starts at 5:30 p.m.
The clydesdales’ appearance in Marion is one of hundreds made annually by the traveling hitches.
The Budweiser clydesdales can be seen at the Anheuser-Busch Brewery and Grant’s Farm in St. Louis, Mo. They can also be seen at Warm Springs Ranch near Boonville, Mo.
Copyright 2023 KFVS. All rights reserved.