Flooded roads reported in the Heartland
(KFVS) - Water covered roads are being reported at several locations throughout the Heartland.
Heavy rainfall has caused flash flooding.
Drivers are urged not to drive through flooded roadways. If a road has water covering it, drivers should turn around and find another route. It doesn’t take much water to carry away a vehicle.
The following roads are affected by flooding as of 8:50 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 4:
- Route CC is closed east of Broseley from County Road 631 to County Road 661 because of water over the roadway.
- Route V is closed due to flooding.
- U.S. 62 is closed past Cedar Street in Bertrand north to Highway 77 because of flooding.
- KY 783/Crossland Rd has Water Over Road signs posted at the 4.25mm south of the Wiswell community near Jackson Creek and Middle Fork Clarks River
- KY 1820 is closed between the 1 and 2mm
- KY 1907/Swamp Rood Rd has Water Over Road signs posted between KY 94 and KY 781
KY 123 at the 14 to 16mm at Obion Creek Bridge in the Hailwell community
- KY 1255/Bonds Road closed at the 1 to 2mm between KY 994 and KY 450/Oaks Rd
- KY 1462/Benton-Birmingham Rd is closed with signs posted at the 1 to 2mm due to floodwaters at the Clarks River Bridge
- KY 1507/Barefield Rd at the 1mm between KY 958/Montgomery Rd and KY 128/Wallonia Road
While water may be dropping at some locations, it could rise at others.
[ MoDOT Travel Map ]
[ IDOT Travel Map ]
[ KYTC Travel Map ]
Copyright 2023 KFVS. All rights reserved.