Wanted man police considered armed & dangerous in custody
CALLOWAY COUNTY, Ky. & HENRY COUNTY, Tenn. (KFVS) - A man wanted by authorities in Calloway County in Kentucky and in Henry County, Tennessee is in police custody.
According to the Marshall County Sheriff’s Office, the Calloway County Sheriff’s Office arrested Ronnie Sharp before 11 a.m. on Wednesday, July 27.
He was wanted on a warranted after failing to appear for charges including:
- Possession of Handgun by a Convicted Felon 2 counts
- No Operator’s License
- No Registration Receipt
- No Registration Plates
- Failure to Produce Insurance Card
- Failure of Owner to Maintain Required Insurance
- Bail Jumping 1st Degree
Additional warrants which include the following charges:
- Improper Registration Plate 3 Counts
- No Registration Plate 2 Counts
- No Operator’s License
- Fleeing and Evading 1st Degree 2 Counts
- Disregarding Stop Sign 3 Counts
- Reckless Driving
- Wanton Endangerment 3 Counts
- Criminal Mischief 3rd Degree
- Operating on a Suspended License 4 Counts
- Fleeing and Evading 2nd Degree (On Foot) 2 Counts
- Receiving Stolen Property Under $10,000
- Failure to Signal
- Speeding 26 MPH over the Limit
- Failure to Wear Seat Belt
- Fleeing and Evading 2nd Degree (Motor Vehicle) 2 Counts
- No Motorcycle Operators License
- Criminal Mischief 1st Degree
- Possession of Controlled Substance 1st Degree (Meth)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- TBUT Auto Under $10,000
The Calloway County Sheriff’s Office has additional Charges pending.
In a statement from the Calloway County Sheriff’s Office, they announced that this brings an end to a two-week manhunt which involved “numerous pursuits (and) several stolen vehicles.”
After evading officers in a high-speed chase that ended in a wreck on Tuesday, officers found Sharp again on Wednesday morning on a 4-wheeler on Brandon Road.
He then wrecked the 4-wheeler and tried to break into a home to get away from officers.
He was then taken into custody.
The Marshall County Sheriff’s Office called him dangerous and believed he was armed.
Tuesday night, the Marshall County Crime Stoppers offered a $1,000 reward leading to Sharp’s arrest.
In Calloway County, Sharp is wanted in connection with a police chase in March, possession of a handgun by a convicted felon charge, bail jumping, parole violation and various traffic related offenses.
Three Murray men were charged with not telling law enforcement where Sharp was hiding a week ago.
On Tuesday, the Calloway County Sheriff’s Office said Sharp was involved in a high-speed chase.
The Calloway County Sheriff’s office said the Henry County, Tennessee Sheriff’s Office informed them that a police chase involving a maroon SUV Sharp was driving on Paris-Murray Road was headed their way.
When the chase crossed state lines, the Calloway County Sheriff’s Office said it continued at a high rate of speed on KY 893 and at one point traveled through fields before crossing back into Henry County.
The chase continued on Osbourne Road before entering into another field where the SUV traveled through a heavily wooded area and hit a tree.
Deputies said Sharp got out of the SUV and took off running.
Henry County Sheriff’s K-9s, Marshall County Sheriff’s K-9′s, Calloway County Fire-Rescue’s drone and deputies searched the wooded area but could not find him.
In Henry County, Tennessee, Sharp is wanted in connection with a theft investigation.
Copyright 2022 KFVS. All rights reserved.