West Ky. Brewery Hop launches, bridges together 9 cities & 13 breweries
WESTERN KENTUCKY (WFIE) - A new project is bringing together nine different conventions and visitors bureaus around western Kentucky.
The West Kentucky Brewery Hop is focused on encouraging visitors to visit as many of the 13 western Kentucky breweries as possible.
“People love trips,” Visit Owensboro’s Dave Kirk said. “The Kentucky Bourbon Trail is a perfect example of that. That’s what this is with craft beer. Lexington has one, Louisville has one and now western Kentucky has their own.”
The project bridges together breweries in Henderson, Beaver Dam, Owensboro, Paducah, Murray, Benton, Bowling Green, Glasgow and Hopkinsville.
Organizers say anyone 21 and older can go to one of the breweries or convention, and visitors bureaus and get a brewery passport.
“You’ll order a beer at any of the 13 locations,” Kirk said. “They stamp your passport for whatever brewery you’re at, each stamp is unique. Once you get seven, you can mail that in to the Henderson Convention and Visitor’s Bureau and they’ll mail you back some pretty sweet swag and your passport. If you complete all of the breweries, that’s 13, you’ll get a little extra something that they’ll mail to you.”
Organizers say after you either complete the trail or get a stamp from at least seven of the 13 breweries, you can mail your passport to the Henderson Convention and Visitors Bureau to claim your prize, which is a West Kentucky Brewery Trail pint glass.
The CVB will also mail your passport back.
Breweries on the Hop include:
- Mile Wide Beer Company in Owensboro
- The Brew Bridge in Owensboro
- Goodwood Brewing & Spirits in Owensboro
- Henderson Brewing Company
- Uncrafted Territory Brewing Company in Beaver Dam
- Paducah Beer Works
- Dry Ground Brewing Company in Paducah
- Hop Hound Brew Pub in Murray
- The Dam Brewhaus in Benton
- Hopkinsville Brewing Company
- Yancey’s Gastropub & Brewery in Glasgow
- Blue Holler Brew Supplies in Bowling Green
- Gasper Brewing Company in Bowling Green
Find more information about the participating breweries at West Kentucky Brewery Hop’s website.
Copyright 2021 WFIE. All rights reserved.