PADUCAH, Ky. (KFVS) - The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet District 1 has reported water over the road in some areas of the Heartland, due to rising rivers.
As of 6:40 a.m. on Monday, March 8, KYTC reports the following road conditions:
- The Cave-in-Rock Ferry is CLOSED due to floodwaters over KY 91 (Mile Point 15.4 to 15.76) at the Kentucky Landing- Estimated reopening date around March 14 - Signs and Barricades Posted
- KY 135 is CLOSED at the 4.15mm between KY 297 and KY 793 in Sawmill Hollow about 2 miles west of the Tolu Community- Signs posted
- The Dorena-Hickman Ferry is CLOSED due to floodwaters at the Kentucky Landing (KY 1354 mile point 0.0)- Estimated reopening date around March 15 - Signs and Barricades Posted
- KY 123 is CLOSED at the 14 to 16mm in the Hailwell Corner Area- Signs Posted
- KY 137/River Road is CLOSED from the 5.2mm to the 15mm between Bayou Creek Bridge and KY 135/Lola Rd at Berrys Ferry Landing- Signs Posted
- KY 787/Bryant Ford Road has Water Over Road signs posted at the 0 to 1mm between the McCracken-Marshall Co Line and Bypass Road
If drivers encounter water over a roadway, they are urged to turn around and find an alternate route.
As little as 6 inches of running water can knock you off your feet or push a vehicle off the roadway.
Area rivers, including the Ohio and Mississippi, are on the rise.
Based on the Ohio River forecast, KYTC said a number of roadways will likely be impacted and added to this list over the next few days.