SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KFVS) - The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 6,642 new COVID-19 cases and 117 additional deaths on Tuesday, January 12.
Of the new deaths reported, the following eight were southern Illinois residents:
- Franklin County: one woman in her 90s
- Hamilton County: one woman in her 90s
- Jefferson County: one man in his 70s
- Massac County: one woman in her 80s
- Pope County: one man in his 80s
- Randolph County: one woman in her 80s
- Saline County: one man in his 80s
- Williamson County: one man in his 40s
As of Monday night, 3,553 COVID-19 patients were in Illinois hospitals. Of these patients, 757 were in the ICU and 409 were on ventilators.
The positivity rate in Illinois is 8.6 percent.
A total of 350,875 individuals have tested positive for COVID-19 in Illinois, including 9,277 deaths.
Currently, 6,883,314 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in the state.