CHICAGO, Ill. (KFVS) - Governor JB Pritzker held a briefing on Illinois’ response to COVID-19 at 2:30 p.m. on Friday, December 4.
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 10,526 new COVID-19 cases and 148 additional deaths on Friday.
Of the newly reported deaths, the following were in southern Illinois:
- Franklin County - 1 woman in her 70s and one man in his 90s
- Johnson County - 1 woman in her 60s
- Massac County - 1 woman in her 80s and 1 woman in her 90s
- Perry County - 1 man in his 80s and 1 man in his 90s
- Wayne County - 1 woman in her 60s and 1 woman in her 80s
Currently, there are 5,453 COVID-19 patients hospitalized in Illinois. Of these patients, 1,153 are in the ICU and 703 are on ventilators.
The positivity rate in Illinois is 12.1 percent.
A total of 770,088 individuals have tested positive for COVID-19 in Illinois, including 12,974 deaths.
Currently, 10,806,364 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in the state.