FRANKFORT, Ky. (KFVS) - Craft breweries across Kentucky will release special beers infused with Kentucky Proud ingredients.
They will be released on October 28.
Brewers participating in the series include:
- Dry Ground Brewing - Paducah
- Paducah Beer Werks
- 3rd Turn Brewing - Louisville and Crestwood locations
- Abettor Brewing Company - Winchester
- Alexandria Brewing Company
- Broken Throne Brewing - Pikeville
- Country Boy Brewing - Lexington and Georgetown locations
- Dreaming Creek Brewery - Richmond
- Ethereal Brewing - Lexington
- Flywheel Brewing - Elizabethtown
- Fusion Brewing - Lexington
- Gallant Fox Brewing - Louisville
- Goodwood Brewing - Louisville and Frankfort locations
- Gravely Brewing Co. - Louisville
- Hopkinsville Brewing
- Maysville Brewing
- Monnik Beer Co. - Louisville
- Old Louisville Brewing - Louisville and Shelbyville locations
- Pivot Brewing - Lexington
- Ten20 Beer Exchange - Louisville
- Turtleback Ridge Brewing - Ewing
- Uncrafted Territory Brewing Co. - Beaver Dam
- West Sixth Brewing - Louisville, Frankfort and Lexington locations
- Wise Bird Cider - Lexington
- Wooden Cask Brewing Company - Newport
Each participating brewery will give away commemorative Kentucky Proud and Kentucky Guild of Brewers branded pint glasses and event posters to the first 100 customers.
The Kentucky Department of Agriculture worked with the Guild to match craft brewers with Kentucky Proud producers to created the limited-release beers.
“Every October, Kentucky’s craft brewers use locally grown products to brew one-of-a-kind beers to showcase their creativity and honor the Commonwealth’s producers,” said Dr. Ryan Quarles, agriculture commissioner. “We are pleased to collaborate with the Kentucky Guild of Brewers once again on what has become a staple of Kentucky’s fall calendar.”
Everything from lavender extract, honey, molasses, carrots, apples, blueberries and pumpkin will be infused into the beers for the 5th annual series.
“This is my favorite beer series that we do every year,” said Derek Selznick, executive director of the Kentucky Guild of Brewers. “This series is a chance for our brewers to get together with our farmers to put their creative minds together to make beers that truly capture the essence of Kentucky. From grains and hops to every berry under the sun, these beers are totally unique and Kentucky Proud.”
Also, for the first time in series history, many of the breweries are using Kentucky malt made from locally grown grains in 2020, produced by South Fork Malthouse out of Cynthiana.