JACKSON COUNTY, Ill. (KFVS) - Jackson County Health Department was notified of 38 Jackson County residents confirmed to have contracted COVID-19.
There have been 529 confirmed cases in the county, including 19 related deaths.
367 residents have recovered.
There are 143 active cases are currently being managed.
Over the past nine days, the number of new confirmed cases per day has averaged 16.3 cases.
Almost 70% of the COVID-19 cases reported in July in Jackson County have been residents in their late teens to mid –twenties.
The health department stated that transmission in the community is being driven by young adults.
The Health Department urges young adults:
- Avoid parties and large gatherings - crowds are an ideal environment for spreading COVID-19.
- Do not share beverages or vaping devices, and do not smoke or vape in groups.
- Practice social distancing - keep a 6 ft space between yourself and others as much as possible.
- Wear a face mask or face covering when around others.
- Stay home if you are sick, even if you only have mild symptoms.
- Model behaviors for your peers to follow.
- Return calls to public health officials and follow their instructions.