(KFVS) - Good morning, it is Thursday, July 9.
Today will be mostly sunny with high temperatures in the lower 90s with feel like numbers higher.
Afternoon pop-up thunderstorms and showers could provide a temporary relief from the heat and humidity.
More isolated showers and storms are possible late tonight into early Friday. A few storms could be strong.
Chances for storms are low.
The weekend will be hot and humid with more chances for scattered storms.
- California authorities are searching a lake for actress Naya Rivera after her four-year-old son was found floating alone on a rented boat.
- Many in the Heartland are finding ways to relive stress during the pandemic, while being socially distant.
- The Youth Baseball/Softball League in Perryville will continue with modifications.
- Hospitals are hitting capacity in parts of America battling surges in coronavirus cases.
- Southern Illinois Healthcare created a new temporary position to help patients in their hospital rooms alone connect with their loved ones.
- Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear says he will announce some new health requirements today during his weekly COVID-19 press briefing.
- USPS predicts it will run out of money in 2021.
- Protesters gathered on Wednesday morning, demanding justice for a 15-year-old girl who was shot and killed in August 2019 in Cape Girardeau.
- The man accused of assaulting a 12-year-old boy in Cape Girardeau, CJ Moore, has turned himself in to the Scott County Sheriff’s Department.
- China has closed a city in its Inner Mongolia region after a case of bubonic plague was identified.