SIKESTON, Mo. (KFVS) - Southeast Missouri Food Bank scheduled more COVID-19 response mobile food distributions.
The next locations will be:
- Thursday, May 21, 3:30 p.m. Cap America, Old Walmart Building, 500 East Highway 72, Fredericktown
- Wednesday, June 3, noon, Cape First Church, 254 South Silver Springs Road, Cape Girardeau
- Thursday, June 4, noon, YMCA, 511 Taylor Street, Sikeston
Other mobile food pantry distributions held with partners include:
- Thursday, May 21, 5 p.m., Reaching All In Need, 104 East Main, Portageville
- Saturday, May 23, 10 a.m. Good Shepherd Lutheran Chapel, 1904 West Cape Rock, Cape Girardeau
- Saturday, May 30, 9 a.m., Lighthouse Church, 18555 Lighthouse Drive, Dexter. Partner: Tyson
- Tuesday, June 2, 4 p.m., Susanna Wesley Family Learning Center, 601 West Marshall, Charleston
- Friday, June 5, 5 p.m., Big Prairie Jaycees, 400 South Calvin Avenue, Matthews
- Saturday, June 6, 9 a.m., United Voice of Zion, 2780 North Douglas, Malden, sponsored by Tyson Foods
- Saturday, June 6, 9 a.m., First General Baptist Church, 12 West Broadway, Ellsinore, sponsored by Bread Shed
- Saturday, June 6, 2 p.m., Twelve Mile Baptist Church, 10103 Highway 67, south of Fredericktown
The mobiles are intended for families who are newly in need because of job losses or reduced hours due to COVID-19. They will be drive-thru distributions, so people should stay in their vehicle but have a space cleared for a box of food.
The food bank said those who need food assistance should attend only the mobile held in the county where they live and should bring a photo ID and piece of mail that shows proof of residence. They should visit only one mobile per month and receive only one box her household.
You can click here for more information and click “Get Help.”
The food bank said it can also help with applications for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program for those who are recently unemployed. For SNAP application assistance, call Lindsey Kern at 573-475-7573.
Those wishing to help provide food for those in need may donate online by clicking here, click on Virtual Food Drive or mail donations to P.O. Box 190, Sikeston, MO 6381
Flag donations for COVID-19 Disaster Fund.