Shorted clock may have started fire in Cape Girardeau home

Shorted clock may have started fire in Cape Girardeau home
Home fire in Cape Girardeau (Source: Cape Fire Department)

CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (KFVS) - On Wednesday, the Cape Girardeau fire department responded to a home fire in the 1900 block of Grandview Drive.

CGFD is on scene of a house in the 1900 blk of Grandview Drive.

Posted by Cape Girardeau Fire Department on Wednesday, February 19, 2020

The residents were home at the time of the fire. There were no injuries.

At this time, investigators believe a frayed cord on an shorted alarm clock may have started the fire.

Copyright 2020 KFVS. All rights reserved.