4 arrested including homeowner, in home invasion, shooting

Homeowner facing drug charges after reported home invasion, shooting

GRAVES COUNTY, Ky. (KFVS) - Three suspects and the homeowner in a home invasion investigation in Graves County, Kentucky have been arrested.

Valdarious D. Starks, 22 of Clarksville, Tennessee was arrested Wednesday night Nov. 27 after he was released from a hospital.

Starks was booked into the Graves County Jail without bond on first degree burglary, kidnapping, robbery first degree, assault second degree and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon charges.

Kendrick D. Owens, 29 of Paducah was charged with burglary, attempted robbery, kidnapping, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and assault.

Santashia R. Donald, 24 of Paducah was charged with tampering with physical evidence, attempted robbery and complicity to burglary. She was taken to the Graves County Jail.

Homeowner, Anthony Dominique Crittendon, 27, was charged with trafficking in marijuana more than eight ounces with a firearm enhancement and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Anthony Crittendon, the homeowner, is facing charges after a reported home invasion and shooting. (Source: Graves County Sheriff's Office)
Anthony Crittendon, the homeowner, is facing charges after a reported home invasion and shooting. (Source: Graves County Sheriff's Office) (Source: Graves Co. Sheriff's Office)

According to the Graves County Sheriff’s Office, Starks and Owens suffered gunshot wounds after a home invasion at 561 Tom Dr. early Tuesday, Nov. 19.

Deputies were called to the home at approximately 12:05 a.m. by the homeowner, Crittendon. He stated that he shot a person who had broken into his house to rob him.

When deputies arrived to the scene, they found Crittenden and Owens who had been shot multiple times.

Scene from home invasion . (Source: Graves County Sheriff's Office)
Scene from home invasion . (Source: Graves County Sheriff's Office)

Crittenden told detectives that a woman knocked on his door around midnight. She was later identified as Donald.

After answering the door, he said she asked to use his phone. As he went to get his phone, he said two masked men forced the door open. He said they were armed with “assault-style looking weapons.”

According to detectives, Starks and Owens hit Crittenden multiple times with the rifles and demanded to know where the money was. They said Donald was not seen again that day.

The two suspects allegedly ransacked the home, and at some point, Crittenden was able to get to a semi-automatic pistol that he had hidden. He then started shooting at both of the men, firing multiple shots and hit both of them.

Detectives said Owens ran from the home, while Starks collapsed inside the home, but remained conscious. He was transported to an out-of-town hospital with life threatening injuries.

Minutes after receiving the first 911 call, police received another 911 call about Owens who had multiple gunshot wounds. He had been dropped off at the Pocket Shell gas station on 6th St., in Mayfield, by an unknown woman.

During the evening hours of Thursday Nov. 21, detectives found the suspect vehicle that was used in the home invasion and to getaway at a Paducah area home on River Oaks Blvd. The vehicle was seized as evidence as well as another vehicle from the Lone Oak area that contained evidence from this crime as well.

Owens was arrested on Dec. 9 during the early evening hours. He was found in the Paducah area after being released from an out-of-town hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Officials said on Tuesday, Dec. 10 around 10:30 a.m. they Donald on an arrest warrant.

While investigating the shooting, deputies searched the home on Tom Dr. for any evidence.

Investigators said they found and seized about $8,000 in small bills, just under two pounds of marijuana, electronic scales, packaging materials and other related items.

Detectives also recovered the masks that both suspects were allegedly wearing, multiple spent shell casings and firearms.

Crittendon was arrested later in the day.

Graves County Sheriff Jon Hayden said the investigation is ongoing and more arrests are expected.

Copyright 2019 KFVS. All rights reserved.