MISSOURI (KFVS) - The Missouri Department of Transportation announced another extension on Monday, August 12, allowing heavier-than-normal truckloads of rock, sand and gravel on highways for flood relief and levee repair.
This allows private and for-hire carriers to haul up to 10% more than their licensed weight on the highways.
They are limited to:
- A loaded, gross weight no greater than 10% above the gross licensed weight of the commercial motor vehicle
- Transportation of rock, sand and gravel only within the state of Missouri
- Drivers must obey posted bridge limit weights
- When crossing a bridge, the driver must restrict the vehicle speed to no more than 30 miles per hour
- Travel under this allowance is only allowed on non-interstaet highways. Those taking advantage of the weight allowance cannot operate on any portion of the interstate highway system
The extension remains in effect through September 21.