GRAPHIC: Snake blamed for utility pole fire in Matthews, Mo.

Snake causes power outage in Matthews

MATTHEWS, Mo. (KFVS) - Fire officials in Matthews, Missouri shared a photo of the culprit behind a utility pole fire on July 18.

Matthews Volunteer Fire Department officials said they got the call around 10:54 p.m. for the fire that knocked out power in the town.

The source of the commotion, as fire officials said, was a snake.

The department posted a photo of the snake on its Facebook page.

Officials thanked all agencies that responded to help.

Copyright 2019 KFVS. All rights reserved.