SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KFVS) - Bidders spent more than $173, 684 at the fourth annual live unclaimed property auction at the Illinois State Fair.
The live auction was held Saturday, Aug. 17 at the fairgrounds in Springfield.
Illinois State Treasurer Michael Frerichs and Agriculture Director John Sullivan both served as guest auctioneers.
Frerichs said there were thousands of rare items for bidders.
The following items are just a few of interest:
- An 1854 Indian Princess three-dollar gold coin ($1,150)
- A 1984 Chicago Cubs baseball signed by Ryne Sandberg ($700)
- An 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition Ticket ($250)
- A Joe DiMaggio signed baseball ($240)
- Credit Suisse 5 oz. .999 fine gold bar ($7,500)
These items along with others have a combined value of more than $150,000.
According to State Treasurer Frerichs all auction proceeds are held for the rightful owners for an indefinite time.
For more information about unclaimed property in Illinois click here or call 217-785-6998.