IL IDNR and Rep. Dave Severin efforts to reopen Rend Lake Resort
Meeting on Thursday for bidders
REND LAKE, Ill. (KFVS) - Potential bidders for the Rend Lake Resort are required to attend meeting on Thursday as the state of Illinois seeks a new vendor(s) to run the site.
The conference for Rend Lake Resorts will take place at the Wayne Fitzgerrell SRA Resort Conference Center, located at 11712 E. Windy Lane, Whittington, IL 62897 at 11 a.m.
In December 2016 because of mold, peeling paint and other health-related issues, as well as payment issues with the vendor.
At this mandatory conference vendors are asked to bring all necessary parties (i.e. Architects, Engineers, Contractors, etc.).
Bidders will have the opportunity to voice their concerns, ask questions, and tour the resort facilities. According to Illinois Representative Dave Severin, Thursday bidders will also get the bid deadline.
“That’s what’s missing with Rend Lake resorts being closed: people coming to southern Illinois, enjoying the Rend Lake experience, people being able to work there and bringing the tax dollars to Franklin County and southern Illinois. “It gives people an opportunity to come and enjoy an awesome location,” Severin said.
There are several options the agency will consider to accept offers from vendors:
- Option 1: All facilities located within the property (includes Hotel)** up to $1,500,000.00*
- Option 2 All facilities located within the property (excludes Hotel) up to $1,000,000.00*
- Option 3: Lodging Facilities to include Cabins, Boatels and Pool up to $500,000.00*
- Option 4: Restaurant, Gift Shop and Boat Dock w/fuel dispensing station up to $250,000.00*
- Option 5: Conference/Event Center
This isn’t the first time Illinois officials have searched for vendors to run the resort.
Copyright 2019 KFVS. All rights reserved.