CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - The last day of the Cape Girardeau Regional Air Festival will be Sunday, May 19 at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
According to festival organizers, the gates will open an hour late, at 10 a.m., due to weather.
They said on-site parking is for motorcycles and handicapped parking only. There will not be VIP parking on-site due to wet fields.
On Sunday, the First Alert Weather Team will be watching scattered showers and thunderstorms throughout the day. A few storms could be strong to severe. Highs will be 80-85 degrees.
Traffic was an issue on Saturday. It moved slowly on I-55 south of Cape Girardeau all the way to the airport as people traveled to the show.
Organizers issued an apology on Saturday for traffic delays. They said they would honor Saturday’s tickets on Sunday if you were not able to use them.
The event kicked off on Friday, May 17 with Tunes at Twilight - An Evening with the Blue Angels.
For the first time since a flight demonstration in 2010, the Navy’s elite Blue Angels will take to the skies to put on a show.
You’ll also get to see the U.S. Golden Knights, Shockwave, Joe “Rifle” Shetterly, Skip Stewart Airshows, Angel 9 TransAm, and Dream Photo.
You can click here for fun events at the festival and how to get tickets.
Festival organizers gave a first look at the parking situation.
Organizers say you will be able to take a Cargo to the show. There will be a designated drop-off/pick-up zone for those using the ride sharing service. That being said, you cannot drop people off at the flight entrance gates and then go park.
They say there will be seven parking lots and several shuttles. Limited handicap shuttles will be available via golf carts and there will be wheel chair access.
See the map below.
Allowed items to bring to the show:
- Wagons (i.e. radio Flyer) and strollers
- Folding/beach chairs
- Clear seat cushions and seat pads without pockets, zippers, compartments or covers
- Hand-held umbrellas are allowed; however, umbrellas are not authorized in the grandstands or box seating areas at any time
- Photography and camera equipment
Items not allowed:
- Seat cushions with zippers or pockets
- Tents or awnings, pop-ups or shade canopies are not allowed
- Umbrellas will not be authorized in the Grandstands or box seating areas at any time
- Coolers will not be allowed unless for medically necessary items and after a proper inspection
- Glass containers
- Outside food
- Water bottles
- Alcoholic beverages
- Weapons of any kind, regardless of permit, will be confiscated. This includes: firearms, knives (pocket knives and multi-tools), replica or toy weapons, pepper spray, mace, stun guns and martial arts weapons
- Bikes, skateboards, roller blades, skates and Razor scooters. Bikes may be secured outside the gates in designated areas
- Pets except for service animals
- Personal drones (i.e. quad or hex copters) within a 5 mile radius of the airspace