ST. LOUIS, MO (KFVS) - Bring on the birds!
The St. Louis Cardinals will open the regular season in Milwaukee against the Brewers on Thursday, March 28.
They announced their 25-man Opening Day roster on Wednesday, March 27 that includes four first-time Cardinals and 13 players that were developed within their organization.
The roster includes:
- Pitchers - John Brebbia, Jack Flaherty, John Gant, Jordan Hicks, Dakota Hudson, Dominic Leone, Mike Mayers, Andrew Miller, Miles Mikolas, Alex Reyes, Michael Wacha and Adam Wainwright
- Catchers - Yadier Molina and Mat Wieters
- Infielders - Matt Carpenter, Paul DeJong, Paul Goldschmidt, Yario Munoz, Drew Robinson and Kolten Wong
- Outfielders - Harrison Bader, Dexter Fowler, Jose Martinez, Tyler O’Neill and Marcell Ozuna
- Disabled List - Brett Cecil, Luke Gregerson, Carlos Martinez, Jedd Gyorko and Justin Williams
The game begins at 1:10 p.m.
The home opener is on Thursday April 3 against the San Diego Padres. That game begins at 3:15 p.m.
The Redbirds signed six-time National League All-Star first baseman Paul Goldschmidt to a five-year (2020-24) contract extension on March 23.
The Cardinals also announced on Wednesday afternoon that left-handed pitcher Chasen Shreve was outrighted to the Memphis (AAA) roster. He was previously designated for assignment on March 22.