CARBONDALE, IL (KFVS) - Illinois Governor JB Pritzker has announced five new appointments to the SIU Board of Trustees on Friday, March 22.
The new Board appointments are: Edgar Curtis, Ed Hightower, Subhash Sharma, John Simmons and Roger Tedrick.
- Curtis has served as president and chief executive officer of Memorial Health System since January 2008.
- Hightower retired as Superintendent of the Edwardsville School District 7 in 2015 after 19 years.
- Sharma is a Professor Emeritus of Economics at Southern Illinois University.
- Simmons founded Simmons Hanly Conroy in 1999 with seven employees and has grown it into a national litigation firm.
- Tedrick is CEO of The Tedrick Group, an insurance and risk management firm.
The governor says the new members represent the geography of the student body and communities that the university serves.
State Senator Paul Schimpf (R-Waterloo) released the following statement after Governor Pritzker made five appointments to the Southern Illinois University Board:
“I would like to thank the former members of the board for their years of service to the university and the region. I look forward to working with the new members of the board to strengthen a vibrant and unified Southern Illinois University system.”