Elderly woman found dead after apartment fire in Jackson March 3, 2009 at 12:21 AM CST - Updated June 30 at 4:15 PM By Heartland News JACKSON, MO (KFVS) - The Cape Girardeau County coroner says an elderly woman died in a fire in Jackson. Cape Girardeau County Coroner John Clifton says 80-year-old Iva Bangert of Jackson died of smoke inhalation. Bangert was not found until 1:50 p.m. Monday. Clifton says the fire was started by a lit cigarette sometime Sunday night, but burned itself out before anyone even knew it started. He says none of the surrounding apartments were affected.