OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by KFVS-TV, 310 Broadway, Cape Girardeau, Missouri and Three Rivers Community College ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 8:00 AM Monday, October 15, 2007 and ends at 11:59 PM on January 13, 2008. Entries must be received by January 13, 2008. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., KFVS-TV, Three Rivers Community College and CBS and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per [individual/household/e-mail address] will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter this promotion. Beginning at 8:00 AM on October 15, 2007, individuals can log on to www.KFVS12.com and complete the online entry form. Individuals can also enter by completing a 3x5 index card with their greeting along with their name, address, telephone number and age and mailing the entry form to Heartland Welcome, KFVS-TV, 310 Broadway, Cape Girardeau, MO 6370. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM on January 13, 2008 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Prize(s). Weely winners will receive a copy of the DVD Edition of the Prices is Right Board Game valued at $19. One grand prize winner will receive airfare to Los Angeles, CA and accomodations for 2 in Los Angeles, CA as well as two tickets to a taping of The Price is Right. Retail Value of this prize is $1000. Dates and times of the trip are to be determined.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. One winner will be chosen at random each week to receive the weekly prize and one winner will be chosen at the end of the contest. All prize winners will be notified by email or telephone and will be required to pick up their prize in person from the KFVS12 lobby during regular office hours.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 10 days days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by January 23, 2008 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KFVS-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from KFVS-TV if KFVS-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that KFVS-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KFVS-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KFVS-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion.
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KFVS-TV, Internet Contests, 310 Broadway, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701 or visit the website at www.KFVS12.com between October 22, 2007 and February 28, 2008.