Unknown Substance Tests Safe After Scare at Local Hotel

Unknown Substance Tests Safe After Scare at Local Hotel
By: Christy Hendricks

PADUCAH, Ky. - A chemical scare at a local hotel turns out to be just that. 
Five people were taken to a local hospital after a maintenance man at the Travel Inn on Irvin Cobb Drive Lane changed a light bulb and a liquid fell into his eye.
The man complained of dizziness and his eyes burning.
Emergency personnel were called in and the substance was tested and came back at 99.1 percent water with trace elements of anti-bacterial and an anti-corrosive.
A boiler room that is directly above the room where the substance was found is being checked for leaks.
Several tenants were evacuated to the lobby.