Dad's day grilling disaster - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Malden, MO

Dad's day grilling disaster

Dad's day grilling disaster
By: Holly Brantley

MALDEN, Mo. - It was a Father's Day to remember for the George family. But, maybe not the way they'd like to. Brian George's Father's Day gift, a new Royal Oaks Charcoal Grill, caught fire just after lighting it.

Just as Brian George tried to get the fire going, he got more than he bargained for.

"It started burning on the side. I didin't think that was right," said Brian.

In seconds, Brian says flames shot from the grill. The front even melted shut. Luckily, water was nearby. Brian filled his kids toys with water from their pool to put out the fire.

"If I hadn't been standing here it would've flamed up even more," said Brian.

Sheila George called Royal Oaks to let them know about the fire.

"My concern is it may need to be recalled.  I told my husband I don't want ours, or anyone else's house to catch fire or children to get hurt," said Sheila.

After several calls, Sheila says she is getting nothing but the run around.

If you find yourself with a product you feel is faulty, first file a report with the Consumer Product Safety Commission. You can also file a consumer complaint with the Missouri Attorney General's Office.  For more information

Powered by Frankly