Starting a Business
By: Holly Brantley
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO --Have you always wanted to be your own boss? Or, maybe you’ve got a passion for something you think you can sell? As part of 30 days to a better life, we’re showing you what it takes to start a business at any age…from 20 something’s to retirees.
In fact, many young and ambitious business owners say if you’ve got a dream you’re already on your way to what could be a better life for yourself. But there are some things you need to know before you set up shop. I asked some young business owners in the Heartland how and why they launched their new careers.
- Experts say get organized and make a plan. Part of your plan should include making sure your business will offer something unique or in demand.
- Estimate your start-up cost and figure out where the money is going to come from. In other words: visit the bank.
- Find an attorney and get a business license.
- Find out about zoning ordinances or necessary permits.
- You also need to choose a legal form, and name your business.