(KFVS) - Good morning, it is Wednesday, April 25
First Alert Forecast
We'll have a little patchy fog this morning. Laura Wibbenmeyer says that will go away when the sun comes up and burns off the fog.
However, clouds will start to build through the day and even turn to scattered showers by this afternoon. Highs will reach 70 in some places, but most of the Heartland will top out in the 60s.
Good news for the weekend; rain chances look lower on Friday. The warming trend starts on Saturday.
Both weekend days look dry for the first time this spring. The warming trend will continue into next week.
- One person was shot in Sikeston, Missouri and taken to an area hospital on Tuesday evening, April 24 with serious injuries.
- An Honor Flight scheduled for April 24 took off for Washington, D.C. around 6:30 a.m.
- A death investigation by the sheriff's office and Missouri Highway Patrol is underway in Reynolds County, Mo.
- Murray State faculty, staff, and students are completing 1,000 origami cranes to offer support to those affected by the Marshall County High School shooting.
- A retired three-star admiral who lives in southern Illinois is a driving force in the Veterans Honor Flight of Southern Illinois.
Trending web stories
A troop of Girl Scouts out of New York sold 6,000 boxes of cookies. The girls all live in homeless shelters in the city.
Thirteen semi-trucks helped police stop a suicidal man from jumping from an overpass in Detroit.