(KFVS) - Good morning, it is Wednesday, April 18.
First Alert Forecast
We'll see much milder start to the day, although temps will be in the 70s in some areas it will also be very windy, with wind gusts over 30.
Laura Wibbenmeyer says some of our northern counties will reach their highs around lunchtime. Then they'll see numbers drop through the afternoon.
A frost possible Thursday night into Friday morning.
The best rain chances arrive Saturday night into Sunday. Scattered showers expected through the day Sunday.
The southern half of the heartland have the best chance for rain.
- Barbara Pierce Bush, wife and mother to presidents and a beloved national matriarch, has died. She was 92.
- The IRS announced a tax-filing extension, by one day, after the online payment system experienced outages.
- A resurfacing project on Lexington Avenue is continuing to cause headaches for Cape Girardeau, Missouri drivers.
- GOP legislative leaders called on Missouri governor to resign Tuesday.
- Kentucky Governor Bevin's appointees shook up the Board of Education and a charter school advocate is now in charge.
Trending web stories
A father in New Mexico is facing child abuse charges after deputies say his 8-month-old daughter nearly drowned while he was distracted watching YouTube videos.
A Cape Girardeau boutique store is helping women out in more ways than just selling them clothes.
A father was charged after police said he left his handgun in the car, where his 3-year-old daughter got hold of it and accidentally shot her mother.