CARBONDALE, IL (KFVS) - Southern Illinois University Board of Trustees will consider a plan at its next meeting to shift state funding from the Carbondale campus to the Edwardsville campus.
The Trustees will meet on April 12.
The funding shift is expected to reflect changes in enrollment at the two campuses.
SIUC Chancellor Carlo Montemagno responded the funding proposal in his blog:
The Carbondale Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors sent a letter to the Southern Illinois University Board of Trustees outlining their concerns with the possible redistribution of funds.
In the letter, the Board states:
You can click here to read the letter or read it below.
Several southern Illinois lawmakers also spoke out on the reallocation plan.
Representative Mike Bost, Senator Paul Schimpf, Senator Dale Fowler, Representative Terri Bryant, Representative Dave Severin and Representative Natalie Phelps-Finnie urged "caution" regarding the proposal.
Each one is encouraging their constituents to contact them to share their opinions.
- U.S. Representative Mike Bost - 202-225-5661
- State Senator Paul Schimpf - 217-737-2782
- State Senator Dale Fowler - 618-294-8951
- State Representative Terri Bryant - 618-242-8115
- State Representative Dave Severin - 618-440-5090
- State Representative Natalie Phelps-Finnie - 618-253-4189