(KFVS) - Good morning, it is Wednesday, March 7.
Firs Alert Forecast
It's chilly and breezy, this morning. Laura Wibbenmeyer says the feels-like temperatures are in the 20s for most of the Heartland.
Winds are still blowing at around 15 mph. The clouds will decrease as the day goes on, but the highs won't get out of the 40s.
The chilly air sticks around tomorrow, too. Temperatures won't climb out of the 40s. However, the winds will calm down.
There are a wide range of possibilities with rainfall, this weekend. The chances for rain are the best in our southern counties. Rainfall could approach one inch total, there.
- Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens will be in New Madrid County, Mo on Friday for the announcement of a smelter in the area.
- The Coast Guard is responded to a report of a sunken towing vessel near Dyersburg, Tennessee.
- There is an ongoing debate in the Heartland about kratom and whether the drug could help fight against the opioid epidemic.
- Health officials in Kentucky say a possible hepatitis A-related death has been reported in Louisville.
- A December report says more than 4,500 women crossed into Illinois to terminate a pregnancy in 2016.
Join us on the Breakfast Show for these top stories and more.