KENTUCKY (KFVS) - Drivers in Kentucky are getting a safety reminder from The Kentucky State Police.
Traffic safety checkpoints are set up to ensure driver safety for those using public roadways.
The checkpoints make police visible and act as a public safety service. They focus on driver impairment, vehicular equipment deficiencies (confirming appropriate registration and insurance of vehicles) and the valid licensing of drivers.
Here are the supervisor-approved checkpoint locations in the Kentucky State Police Post 2 District:
- KY 91 at the KY 139 intersection
- KY 126 at the KY 672 intersection
- US 62 at the Lyon County line
- KY 297 at the US 60 intersection
- US 641 at the Crayne Post Office
- US 60 at the KY 254 intersection
- KY 91 at the KY 135 intersection
- 41A to Tennessee State line
- US 41 at the KY 800 intersection
- KY 91 at the KY 1026 intersection
- KY 107 at the KY 1682 intersection
- KY 507 at the KY 508 intersection
- KY 109 at the M.J. Boyd intersection
- 62 at the 22 mile marker
- Old White Plains Nortonville Road at Illey Sisk Road
- KY 336 at KY 481 intersection
- KY 2171 at the KY 481 and KY 336 intersection
- KY 112 at Suthards Church (1 mile west of KY 879)
- US 41A at 4100 Nebo Road
- US 41A at the 12 mile marker
- KY 70 at the KY 109 intersection
- US 431 at KY 176
- KY 181 at KY 601
- US 431 at KY 70
- KY 189 at KY 70
- KY 81 at KY 181
- US 79 at the KY 102 intersection
- KY 181 at the KY 507 intersection
- KY 181 at the Chestnut Road intersection
- US 41A at the KY 56 and KY 873 intersection
- KY 109 North of Clay at the 10 mile maker
- KY 56 at the Old Beech Grove Road intersection
- KY 109 at the KY 670 intersection
Kentucky State Police also released the activity report for the month of December 2017.
- Arrested 26 Impaired Drivers
- Issued a Total of 988 Citations
- Issued 306 Speeding Citations
- Issued 102 Seatbelt Citations
- Issued 9 Child Restraint Citations
- Issued 502 Courtesy Notices
- Investigated 38 Traffic Crashes
- Assisted 165 Stranded Motorists
- Responded to 474 Calls for Service
- Opened 40 Criminal Cases
- Made 161 Criminal Arrests
There was one deadly crash in Muhlenberg County on State Route 70 E.
There have been 35 people killed in the Post 2 District. Fifteen were not wearing a safety device and 14 were wearing a safety device. One victim's seatbelt use is unknown.
Two motorcycle crash victims were not wearing a helmet, one was wearing protective gear. Two victims were pedestrians.
Two deadly crashes involved the suspected use of alcohol.