Correction: Sexual Misconduct-Garrison Keillor story - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Correction: Sexual Misconduct-Garrison Keillor story

(Jeffrey Thompson/Minnesota Public Radio via AP, File). FILE - In this Sept. 30, 2014 file photo, Garrison Keillor talks with Daily Circuit host Tom Weber in the studios at Minnesota Public Radio in St. Paul, Minn. The president of Minnesota Public Rad... (Jeffrey Thompson/Minnesota Public Radio via AP, File). FILE - In this Sept. 30, 2014 file photo, Garrison Keillor talks with Daily Circuit host Tom Weber in the studios at Minnesota Public Radio in St. Paul, Minn. The president of Minnesota Public Rad...

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - In a story Dec. 7 about Garrison Keillor, The Associated Press incorrectly referred to the radio show he hosted as "The Prairie Home Companion." It is "A Prairie Home Companion."

A corrected version of the story is below:

Keillor attorney: MPR must 'set the record straight'

An attorney for former "A Prairie Home Companion" host Garrison Keillor says MPR to "set the record straight" about the allegations against the humorist

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - The president of Minnesota Public Radio told employees the decision to dismiss Garrison Keillor resulted from "multiple allegations" covering an extended period of time, but an attorney for the former "A Prairie Home Companion" host disputed that characterization and said the humorist wants MPR to "set the record straight."

MPR President Jon McTaggart held an off-the-record meeting with employees Wednesday, a week after the organization cut ties with Keillor. Reporters from Minnesota Public Radio News did not attend because the meeting was declared off-the-record, but compiled an account from employees who did attend.

MPR News reports McTaggart said he alone made the decision to break with Keillor, who retired as "Prairie Home" host last year. Keillor told the Star Tribune he touched a woman's bare back as he tried to console her, and that he apologized. MPR has not given details of the allegations.

In response to the MPR News report, Keillor attorney Eric Nilsson issued a statement early Thursday.

"We are aware of allegations against Mr. Keillor by only one individual," Nilsson said. "We trust that Mr. McTaggart will set the record straight in this respect to avoid any misperceptions on that point."

Nilsson says Keillor wants a swift resolution of the matter and "with it expects a full restoration of his reputation."

"A Prairie Home Companion" continues with Keillor's hand-picked successor, mandolinist Chris Thile.

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • NationalMore>>

  • Residents flee as flames approach wealthy California enclave

    Residents flee as flames approach wealthy California enclave

    Saturday, December 16 2017 12:35 AM EST2017-12-16 05:35:56 GMT
    Saturday, December 16 2017 11:09 PM EST2017-12-17 04:09:53 GMT
    The fourth-largest wildfire in California history continues to grow and threaten thousands of homes despite armies of fire crews and fleets of bulldozers and aircraft.
    The fourth-largest wildfire in California history continues to grow and threaten thousands of homes despite armies of fire crews and fleets of bulldozers and aircraft.
  • Major media players start commission for sexual misconduct

    Major media players start commission for sexual misconduct

    Friday, December 15 2017 11:35 PM EST2017-12-16 04:35:56 GMT
    Saturday, December 16 2017 10:59 PM EST2017-12-17 03:59:38 GMT
    Hollywood executives and other major players in entertainment have established a commission to be chaired by Anita Hill that intends to combat sexual misconduct and inequality across the industry.
    Hollywood executives and other major players in entertainment have established a commission to be chaired by Anita Hill that intends to combat sexual misconduct and inequality across the industry.
  • Ex-wife of Lorenzen Wright charged with murder in 2010 death

    Ex-wife of Lorenzen Wright charged with murder in 2010 death

    Saturday, December 16 2017 10:36 AM EST2017-12-16 15:36:02 GMT
    Saturday, December 16 2017 10:10 PM EST2017-12-17 03:10:50 GMT
    Authorities say the ex-wife of former NBA player Lorenzen Wright has been charged with first-degree murder in his death more than seven years ago.
    Authorities say the ex-wife of former NBA player Lorenzen Wright has been charged with first-degree murder in his death more than seven years ago.
Powered by Frankly