(KFVS) - The leaves are turning, the weather's getting cool (kind of), it's officially fall in the Heartland.
Explore what to eat, drink and do this season with Heartland Weekend.
Grab your pals, we're barbecuing with friends and tailgating with fans.
Join us as we discover historic sites off the beaten path, and head outdoors to catch some spectacular views.
Take charge of your Heartland Weekend with this fall planning guide:
What to do:
What to eat:
- Meet the Murphysboro man they call the legend of BBQ who serves up plate fulls at Pat's BBQ
- Step back in time at this ice cream shop inside an antique store
- Take your BBQ up a notch with secrets for success from the 2016 winner of Barbecue on the River
- You need this steak “sammich” at your tailgate
- Take a bite into fall with a tree ripened apple at the Knowlan Family Farm
- Learn how to make another fall fair favorite: corn dogs
What to drink: