June 1, 2001 at 7:55 PM CDT - Updated July 30 at 4:26 AM
KFVS12/Martindale Chevrolet Truck Giveaway OFFICIAL RULES
1. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these contest rules.
2. No purchase is necessary. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter. Void where prohibited.
3. Employees and families of Raycom Media, Inc., KFVS-TV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, advertising and production agencies (Collectively, the "sponsor"), and sponsors of this promotion are not eligible to participate.
4. To enter, beginning June 4, 2001 log on to www.kfvs12.com and complete the on-line entry or visit any participating sponsor location for an entry form. Reply electronically or mail the completed form to: KFVS12, Truck Giveaway, P.O. Box 126, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702. Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, or forms not delivered due to technical or electronic problems. Enter as often as you wish; however, each entry must be entered/mailed separately
5. Each Sunday night from June 10, 2001 to November 11, 2001 during Heartland News at Ten, we'll announce 12 finalists chosen from all entries received to date, a total of 300 finalists will be selected. All finalists qualify for a chance to win the grand prize truck. All finalists will be invited by letter to appear at yet to be announced location on November 17, 2001 to receive a key (KFVS reserves the right to change the date and/or location with reasonable notice to finalists). Keys will be distributed at random. The first key that starts the truck will be the winner. Finalist must be present to win. KFVS12 reserves the right to remove any or all decals or striping from the truck once the grand prize is awarded.
6. Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state and federal taxes incurred by his/her/their participation in the contest. Winner is responsible for complying with any and all local, state and federal laws.
7. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash. No substitution of prize(s) permitted. Winner(s) may not sell or transfer any prize(s).
8. Winner(s) agree to the use of his/her/their name(s) and likeness(es), without any additional compensation, by sponsors for publicity. By entering this contest, the winner(s) acknowledge that KFVS12 and all other sponsors and venues have the right to publicize his/her/their name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he/she/they won, and all matters incidental thereto.
9. Upon acceptance of the prize(s), winner(s) release sponsors from any and all liability for injury or damage to property regarding the prize(s).
10. Drivers license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim the prize(s). The winner(s) and any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and release within five (5) days of date of notification or such prize will be forfeited. Winner(s) must take possession of his/her/their prize by December 31, 2001 or such prize will be forfeited.
11. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KFVS-TV are final and binding.
12. Contest rules are subject to modification by KFVS-TV prior to start of contest.