MCCRACKEN COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - A Paducah man is behind bars facing numerous charges after a traffic stop in McCracken County, Kentucky on Tuesday, May 30.
Deputies conducted a traffic stop around 11 p.m. Tuesday on a maroon 2001 Pontiac passenger car for registration violations on Cairo Road near exit 3.
Deputies made contact with the driver, identified as Harley D. Gilbert, 32, of Paducah.
Deputies discovered that Gilbert's driver's license was suspended and that he had an outstanding arrest warrant out of McCracken County District Court. They also quickly learned Gilbert was in possession of illicit drugs, which led to a search of his vehicle, where deputies located drug paraphernalia and suspected methamphetamine.
Gilbert was arrested and taken to the McCracken County Regional Jail.
He is facing the following charges:
- Operating on Suspended / Revoked Operators License
- Failure to Produce Insurance Card
- No Registration Plates
- No Registration Receipt
- Improper Display of Registration Plates
- Failure to Register Transfer Motor vehicle
- Possession of Controlled Substance 1st Degree 1st Offense (Methamphetamine)
- Drug Paraphernalia – BUY/POSSESS
- McCracken County District Court Bench Warrant for Failure to Appear.